Noah, You're Three!

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, or stand in the way of sinners, or sit in the seat of mockers.  But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.  He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.  Whatever he does prospers....For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish."  Psalm 1:1-3, 6 "They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor."  Isaiah 61:3b "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener ... every branch that does not bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.  You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.  Remain in me, and I will remain in you ... I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers ... If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.  This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."  John 15:1-3, 5-7  "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us from sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  1 John 1:9  "It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption". 1 Corinthians 1:30

Oh Noah, what a dynamic little person you are growing into!  You are our rough yet sweet, grunting yet articulate, loving little comedian.

You still love your big sister, and she still loves you.  On a walk the other day, when Jubilee dropped her mitten, you ran back to pick it up for her as fast as you could.  And when she gave you a hug in thanks, you grabbed her back, gave her a kiss and said, "I wove you.  Jubiwee is my best fwiend."  Watching the two of you like that just melts my heart.  I pray that you are always there for one another, to hold each other up and encourage each other.  To challenge each other to be better and to take care of each other.

Of course, the two of you have your moments.  While sweet, you're nobody's wallflower and you will not allow your sister to walk all over you.  I am so glad you have this character trait, although at times, I am not so glad that the two of you are screaming at each other and hitting each other.  Life's about balance, and I'm trying to help you find that in your relationship with your best friend.

Your favorite things are construction equipment and firefighting equipment.  Cranes, bulldozers, dump trucks, tractors, excavators, skid steer loaders and firetrucks...these things delight you and you can play for quite some time with these types of toys.

You have become our class clown.  You just love to get a laugh and you love to laugh.  The other day, I was explaining to Jubilee what different types of animals are classified based on what they eat.  "An animal that eats only meat is called a carnivore.  An animal that eats only vegetables is called a herbivore.  An animal that eats both meat and vegetables is called an omnivore. What kind of animal are you?"  To which you replied, completely unexpectedly, "I'M A CHICKEN!"  And now, throughout your day, unexpectly, and unbidden, you will exclaim, "I'M A CHICKEN!"  And laugh and laugh.

You're still my little cuddle bug and, unlike your sister, your personality is quite a bit different than mine.  I watch the two of you pick up your toys and I see you doing quite a bit of lallygagging while Jubilee determinedly picks up everything she can't bear to have put up.  I wonder if, as you grow, you will struggle with even having the desire to set goals -- will we have to poke and prod you to work hard?  We'll see.

I pray that God will continue to cultivate your sweet, loving spirit.  He has given you a tender and caring heart, and I pray that He will continue to prune you and your gifts, skills and person into the man He has called you to be.  I desire for you to be a towering oak of righteousness, planted right where the Lord puts you, abiding in Him, obeying Him and adopting His righteousness as your own.  Follow Him, my little man, and you can do all things.

xoxo

Momma

Comments

Popular Posts