Self-Control - Day 2





[C]ontinue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. (Phil 2:12). Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?  Run in such a way as to get the prize.  Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.  They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last.   Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.  No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.  (1 Cor. 9:24-27).  I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.  I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him ...Not that I have already attained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers, I don’t consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.  But one things I do: straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  (Phil. 3:7-14). 


1. How have you been running your earthy “race”?


2. In Phil. 3:7-14, what is the one thing that Paul says he does?


3. Throughout the day, are you more earthly minded or eternally minded?


4. Have you yet put into practice the one thing that you committed to the Lord to do on day one?

Comments

Popular Posts