Call and Service

This whole blog might just become "good quotes from My Utmost." Oh well, I think they're good, so I'll share: Galatians 1:15-16 says: But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man...

Chambers remarks: The call of God is an expression of His nature; the service which results in my life is suited to me and is an expression of my nature.

I like this a lot. I hadn't thought about the call of God and my response to him in quite that way. God's call -- by his grace -- is an expression of his nature. He calls us to Him. But, our service to him as a result of his call is an expression of our individual nature. Who God has made us.

Christians in America do a lot of talking and worrying and seeking about "God's call on THEIR life..." Chambers perspective is, I think, better than the conventional Christian ideas in this regard.

As God helps me by revealing himself to me -- and consequently revealing me to myself -- I think the service I should be offering to him in my life will become more clear. What about you? What kind of service to the Lord is an expression of your nature?

Comments

Popular Posts