Love - Day 4



And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  (Eph. 3:17-19).  God is love.  Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.  In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him.  There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment.  The one who fears is not made perfect in love.  We love because he first loved us.  – This is love for God: to obey his commands.  And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world.  This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.  (1 John 4:16-19, 5:3-4)  As the Father has loved me, so I loved you.  Now remain in my love.  If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. – Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.  (John 15:9-10, 13).  If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging symbol.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but I have not love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. (1 Cor. 1-4). 


 1. In Ephesians, what does Paul pray that the people have power to do?

 2. With whom does he pray these people have power to grasp this with?

 3. What are the Ephesians rooted and established in?


 4. From the verses in 1 John, who is love?  How do we show we love God?  From the gospel of John, how do we remain in God’s love?

 5. How does the world tell us to show love?  How does this compare to the Bible’s guidance on how a person truly shows God their love?


Comments

Popular Posts