Peace - Day 4



My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.  (John 10:25-26).  I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing ... If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.  This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.  (John 15:5, 7-8).  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? – No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, nor any powers.  Neither height nor depth nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  (Romans 8:35, 37).


1. Who are the sheep in the John 10 passage?  What does Jesus give them – and what does that mean?


2. What voices do you find yourself listening to?


3. In John 15, what does Jesus say He is?  What are we?  When a person remains in the Vine, what does Jesus promise will happen?


4. In the list of powers and – things – from Romans, which cause you the most pause?  Have any threatened your peace, causing strife or anxiety?






 Now, maybe even say this out loud to remind your soul:
 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? – No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  Nothing, neither                                                                    , nor death nor life, neither angels nor demons, nor any powers.  Neither height nor depth nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

Comments

Popular Posts